Monday, January 21, 2013

Patrick's Santa Hat

Featuring:  My Minds Eye All is Bright Christmas collection
By Janet Bagnall
Life Full of Sunflowers
Well, can you believe your eyes?  I have finally created a Christmas layout :)  It's been way too long since I have actually put a scrapbook layout together.  I have been dabbling in digital scrapbooking for a few months, but it has been almost a year since I did a traditional layout and boy, have I missed it.
I have decided to take a good friend's advise this year, which is to grab a picture and make a layout right then.  There's no need for organizing them (which is always a problem for me because I tend to look at the pictures more than organizing them - too many memories) you just grab and create.  Thanks Gina for this great idea.
I came across some old holiday photos from 2010 and got started there.  I am once again using My Mind's Eye All is Bright Christmas collection - I love this collection. Patrick has always loved wearing his Santa hat during the whole month of December so it is a great place to start :)
A few  months back, I was trying to locate some great scrapbook sketches and came across Page Maps and have fallen in love with their sketches, both cards and layouts. When I was pursuing their blog, they had a tab that intrigued me because it was something I hadn't seen before, "half-maps" so I wanted to give it a try.  After I completed the half page, I just wasn't happy with it because I'm still a traditional type girl, I suppose and had to put that half page on the full 12x12 paper :)  I'm going to have to work on this traditional stuff this year :)
The collection has some of the cutest paper and when Patrick saw the one that had both a library card and music on it, knew I would have to use it somewhere because he loves to read and music is a very big part of who he is.  I really enjoyed putting this together and am looking forward to making another one soon.

Enjoy your day and hope you will head over to The Hens' Den to see the other great products the store carries - Charlie and Stephanie went to CHA last week and Charlie has some awesome products headed our way.  I can't wait to see them.

 
Supplies:
Bazzill Green, Red and Off-White cardstock
Tim Holtz idea-ology Christmas Adornments
Real red ink

6 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...