Friday, January 25, 2013

Just Remember I love you

Just Remember I love you pocket Valentine
by Lori McClellan
featuring Teresa Collins, Tim Holtz, and Petaloo

I have to admit, I love making Valentines.  This is one of my favorite things to do with my kids.  It has become tradition to mass produce the class valentines on Super Bowl sunday.  While the guys watch the football game, the girls craft the night away.  In my opinion, it is a total win-win situation!  

So as the big day approaches, I am starting to plan out some Valentine ideas, and I thought I would share with you.  If you order supplies from The Hens Den, with their super fast shipping you can have all your supplies you need in time for a Super Bowl scrap-fest of your own.

Start by gathering your supplies.
Adhesive
Sewing machine (optional)
Circle punch


Create your pocket by folding a cardstock rectangle in half.  Sew around 3 sides, leaving one for an opening.  Use the circle punch to cut the tab at the top.  Tie the burlap ribbon on the side.


The base is a Tim Holtz journaling tag.  The Teresa Collins, I love you sticker, is popped up on the tag.  And to finish it off, I used a petaloo flower.  Add some adhesive to the back and stick the tag to the pocket.

All that's left is to add your name in the blank space on the tag, fill it with treats and give it someone you love.

Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to check out The Hens' den What's on Sale page  to find some great deals on supplies to make your own Valentines.


6 comments :

  1. Cute Valentine's pouch. Great idea to do during the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is so adorable. What a great idea and can see it being used for many different things !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tradition! What a great way to get all those valentines done. My LSS has a party where we make 4 projects in 4 quarters, usually valentiney stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Lori, it is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...