Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Hope" bottle cap ornament by Lori McClellan


"HOPE" Bottle Cap ornament
Featuring my stash from The Hens Den
I know the holidays are nearly behind us, but here is a fun project you can pin and try next year.

For my ornament, I used bits and pieces from my stash.  I don't know about you, but I save scraps of my pretty paper, and the bits of embelishment sheets that I have left over.  This is a great project that came together from bits of leftovers of my favorite Hens Dens lines.

  1. I happened to have bottle caps in my crafty hoard otherwise know as my "office".  I though they would be a great foundation for my ornament.  I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top.
  2. I found this round sticker from a sheet of Teressa Collins sticker embellishments, and stuck it in place.  It fit perfect!
  3. It's pretty plain at this point, what can I add?  I dug through my box and found the red Petaloo flower.  It was to big for the front, but I loved it behind the cap, so I added alot of glue and glued it in place.
  4. Still it needed more, but it was coming together.  I pulled out the Graphic 45 happy haunting sticker sheet and loved the little black sticker letters.  I spelled the word HOPE.  You could write anything you want.  What about a tree full of inspirational words, LOVE, JOY, PIECE (as in a big piece of fudge)?  Luckily you have 364 more days to perfect it and make it you.
  5. Throw on a coat of glossy accents, let it dry and there you have it, and fabulous heirloom quality ornament that your kids can fight over some day.

So please, don't throw away your scraps, there are amazing projects to be made in them.  Please share with us at The Hens Den your scrapy ornaments.  Post a picture in the gallery when you do!

2 comments :

  1. I adore bottle cap ornaments and you have been so creative with this one! They are just perfectly vintage! Best new year wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I like how you added the flower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...